It’s time for your daily dose of Quordle Hints – now with daily sequence answers added!
Yes, that’s right: the makers of Quordle have a new game, which sees you complete four Wordle puzzles in a row. The catch is that the characters you already used in the first game are repeated in the second and so on.
It’s good fun, but also challenging – so if you really find yourself looking for Wordle Hints, you probably need some Quordle and Daily Sequence too.
I’m a big fan of Quordle and Wordle and been playing since December 2021 so I can definitely help you solve Quordle today and improve your game for tomorrow. Read on for my Quordle hints to game #481 and answers on the daily sequence.
Spoiler alert: info about Quordle today is below, so don’t read on if you don’t want to know the answers.
Mark is TechRadar’s UK Editor-in-Chief and has played Wordle and Quordle for over a year. He has authored dozens of articles about the game for TechRadar and its sister site Tom’s Guide, including a detailed analysis of the most common letters in each position. His Wordle streak recently reached the 500 mark and he would be inconsolable if he lost it. Yes, he takes it very seriously.
Quordle Today (Game #481) – Hint #1 – Vowels
How many different vowels are in Quordle today?
• The number of different vowels in Quordle today is 3*.
*Note that by vowel we mean the five standard vowels (A, E, I, O, U), not Y (which is sometimes counted as a vowel as well).
Quordle Today (Game #481) – Hint #2 – Vowel Sum
What is the total number of vowels in Quordle today?
• The total number of vowels across Quordle answers today is 5.
Quordle Today (Game #481) – Hint #3 – Repeat the letters
Do any of Quordle’s answers today contain repeated characters?
• The number of Quordle answers that contain a repeat character today is 0.
Quordle Today (Game #481) – Hint #4 – Total Letters
How many different letters are used in Quordle today?
• The total number of different characters used in Quordle today is 14.
Quordle Today (Game #481) – Hint #5 – Uncommon Characters
Are the letters Q, Z, X, or J appearing in Quordle today?
• no. None of Q, Z, X, or J appear among today’s Quordle answers.
Quordle Today (Game #481) – Hint #6 – Starting Letters (1)
Do any of today’s Quordle puzzles start with the same letter?
• the number of Quordle answers today start with the same letter 0.
If you just want to know the answers at this point, just scroll down. If you’re not ready yet, here’s another guide to make things a lot easier:
Quordle Today (Game #481) – Hint #7 – Starting Characters (2)
What letters do Quordle answers start with today?
Right, the answers are below, so don’t scroll back if you don’t want to see them.
Quordle Today (Game #481) – Answers
The answers on Quordle today, Game #481, are…
How did you do today? Email me and let me know.
Today’s Daily Sequence (Game No. 481) – Answers
The answers to Quordle Daily Sequence, Game #481, are…
Quordle Answers: Past 20
- Quordle #480, Friday, May 19: ARBOR, MEDAL, TRIAL, WOOZY
- Quordle #479, Thursday, May 18: ENNUI, SPRIG, LATER, SLUNK
- Quordle #478, Wednesday, May 17: SKIMP, GLEAN, PAYEE, BRAVO
- Quordle #477, Tuesday, May 16: Harry, Colon, Cher, Larva
- Quordle #476, Monday, May 15: ULCER, APNEA, CANDY, ADULT
- Quordle #475, Sunday, May 14: clone, skunk, swept, sassy
- Quordle #474, Saturday, May 13: TRACT, PREEN, BUDGE, SNARE
- Quordle #473, Friday, May 12: Honey, Scenic, Girl, Chirp
- Quordle #472, Thursday, May 11: CRYPT, DUNCE, WHEEL, NOBLE
- Quordle #471, Wednesday, May 10: print, vice, dry, pigtail
- Quordle #470, Tuesday, May 9: PROSE, MUNCH, PIVOT, CONDO
- Quordle #469, Monday, May 8: impulse, fist, puff, origins
- Quordle #468, Sunday, May 7: Teeth, skull, flavored, skinny
- Quordle #467, Saturday, May 6: Ladder, cook, style, ecstasy
- Quordle #466, Friday, May 5: Limbo, Revo, Totem, Elbow
- Quordle #465, Thursday, May 4: BALER, SCORN, FITTED, PASTE
- Quordle #464, Wednesday, May 3: God willing, late, hard, nag
- Quordle #463, Tuesday, May 2: Cross, die, disgrace, TATTY
- Quordle #462, Monday, May 1: Ethics, both, birth, slaughter
- Quordle #461, Sunday, April 30: STOUT, GROUT, RALPH, RIGOR
Quordle FAQ: Everything you need to know
What is Quordle?
Where Wordle challenges you to guess a new five letter word every day, Quordle offers you four puzzles to solve. Instead of completing them in turn, you do it one at a time. You get nine guesses, instead of Wordle’s six, but the rules are very similar.
It is played online via Quordle website And you can also access it via Merriam-Webster, which bought the dictionary Quordle last year.
As with Wordle, the answers are the same for every player every day, which means you’re competing against the rest of the world. Also like with Wordle, the puzzle resets at midnight so you have a new challenge every day.
The website also includes a practice mode – I definitely recommend that before trying a proper game! – There are daily stats including the number of lines. You can also get Quordle Achievements – specific badges for winning a game in a certain number of turns, playing too many times, or guessing particularly difficult words.
Oh, it’s hard. Really hard, very difficult.
What are the rules for Quordle?
Quordle’s rules are almost identical to Wordle’s.
1. The letters in the answer and in the appropriate place turn green.
2. Letters in the answer but in the wrong place turn yellow.
3. Letters not in the answer are grayed out…
4. …but the word you’re guessing appears in all quadrants of the puzzle at the same time, so A can turn green in one square, yellow in another, and gray in the last two.
5. The answers are never plural.
6. Characters can appear more than once. So if your guess includes two single letters, they could both turn yellow, and they both turn green, or one could be yellow and the other green.
7. Each guess must be a valid word in the Quordle dictionary. You can’t guess ABCDE, for example.
8. You don’t have to include the correct letters in subsequent guesses and there is no equivalent to Wordle’s fixed position.
9. You have nine guesses to find Quordle’s answers.
10. You must complete your daily Quordle before midnight in your time zone.
What is a good Quordle strategy?
Quordle needs to handle it differently than Wordle. With four puzzles to solve in nine guesses, you can’t blindly throw letters at it and expect to win – you’ll stand a much better chance if you think strategically.
This is the case in Wordle too, of course, but it’s even more important in Quordle.
There are two main things to remember.
1. Use several starting words
First, you won’t want just one starting word, but almost certainly two or three the beginning of the words.
The first of these is probably one of the best starting words for Wordle, because the same things that make it work so well will also apply here. But then you have to select another word or maybe two that use a lot of the most common consonants and that includes any remaining vowels.
For example, I am currently using STARE > DOILY > PUNCH. Between them, these three words use 15 of the 26 letters in the alphabet including all five vowels, Y, and nine of the most common consonants (S, T, R, D, L, P, N, C, and H). There are plenty of other options – you’d want an M or a B or an F or a G in there instead of an H, perhaps – but something like this should do the trick.
If all goes well, this will give you a good orientation as to what one or sometimes two answers might be. If not, good luck!
2. Narrow things down
Second, if you encounter a word for which the answer could easily be one of several options – for example -ATCH , where it could be MATCH, BATCH, LATCH, CATCH, WATCH, HATCH, or PATCH – then you definitely want to guess a word that would narrow those options .
In Wordle, you can instead try several of these in a row and hope one gets right, assuming you have enough guesses left. It’s risky, but it will work sometimes. Plus, it’s the only option in hard mode. But on Quordle, this will almost certainly lead to failure – you simply don’t have enough guesses.
In the above scenario, CLAMP would be a great guess, as it could refer to four of the seven words at once.
#Quordle #Today #Hints #Answers #Saturday #20th #Game