Link: Apply now for an American Express Green Card with a huge welcome offer
We just saw a huge new welcome offer launched on the American Express® Green Card, which I consider to be one of the most underrated credit cards out there. If you don’t have this card yet and qualify, now’s a great time to apply, since this is the best card reward we’ve ever seen.
The Amex Green Card offers 60,000 points and up to $200 in statement balances
The Amex Green Card has a new welcome offer that has two parts:
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards bonus points after spending $3,000 in the first 6 months
- Get 20% back on eligible travel and transit purchases made within the first 6 months, up to $200 in statement form
This bonus is huge. It’s worth noting that unlike some of Amex’s other premium cards, this card doesn’t regularly see rewards of this magnitude, and the previous offer was up to 45,000 Membership Rewards points, without statement balances. I don’t ever remember seeing such a good offer on a card.
Personally, I value AMEX Membership Rewards points at 1.7 cents each, which means 60,000 points equals $1,020, and that’s not nearly $200 in bonus credits. There are a lot of great uses for Amex Points, as they can be transferred to all kinds of helpful airline and hotel partners.
Who is Eligible for the Amex Green Card Bonus?
In keeping with Amex’s “once in a lifetime” rule, the welcome offer on the Amex Green Card is not available to those who currently have the card, or those who have obtained the card in the past. Furthermore, general Amex card restrictions apply.
There are a few other things to note:
- You qualify for the reward on this card if you have any other Amex card, so you can apply for this card even if you have cards like The Platinum Card® from American Express (Review) or the American Express® Gold Card (Review)
- Amex usually has a limit on allowing someone to have at most five Amex credit cards (including personal and business cards); This card is anecdotally considered a hybrid card for these purposes, and it doesn’t count towards that limit, which leaves a lot of people eligible
Why the Amex Green Card is worth it
The annual Amex Green Card fee is $150, understated (prices and fees” target=”_blank”>prices and fees). The card includes the following perks, among others:
- The Amex Green Card has a lucrative rewards structure, offering 3x the points on dining, travel, and transit; This is one of the most rewarding Amex cards if you are looking to earn points as quickly as possible
- The Amex Green Card Offers $189 CLEAR Credit Per Year Earn up to $189 per calendar year in statement credits when you pay for your CLEAR Plus membership (subject to auto-renewing) with the card
- The Amex Green Card offers $100 LoungeBuddy credit per year, use the LoungeBuddy app to purchase lounge access, and receive up to $100 in statement balances per calendar year
The rewards structure makes this card worth having, and then the credits make it really easy to justify the annual fee on the card, in my opinion.
Read a full review of the Amex Green Card here.
The Amex Green Card offers a great new welcome offer of 60,000 Membership Rewards points upon completion of minimum spending, plus up to $200 in statement balances. This is the best bonus we’ve seen on this card, and on top of that, this is a generally valuable card that many people overlook.
In the long run, this card could be worth keeping 3x points on dining, travel, and transit, plus credits with CLEAR and LoungeBuddy, which will likely more than justify the annual fee.
Are you planning to get an Amex Green Card with the current welcome offer?
The following links will direct you to the rates and fees for these American Express cards. These include: American Express® Green Card (target=”_blank”>rates and fees).
#Amex #Green #Card #Reward #Offer #Worth #applying