A new update has been published today for the Horizon Forbidden West DLC Burning Shores content, bringing the overall package to version 1.024. It’s available to download now on PS5 and weighs in at 1,092GB. The patch addresses a long list of bugs related to the main mission, side missions, and open-world activities, most notably fixing issues players were having with Aerial Capture: North.
Elsewhere, the entire PS5 experience had another pass that eliminated frame rate drops, crashes, and improved visuals and audio. Guerrilla Games asks users to continue submitting issues via its support form, indicating that more updates will follow. There’s no other name to be featured in Update 1.24, so get the full list of patch notes below.
Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores Update 1.24 Patch Notes
Fixes and improvements
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “To the Burning Shores” where creating a save at a campfire during the “Climb Up the Tower” objective and then loading that save would cause a progress blocker, as Seyka would block the climbing path.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “To the Burning Shores” where the time of day would get stuck after fast-traveling away from the tower.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “To the Burning Shores” where Seyka would rarely disappear after fighting the boss in the tower, blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest “Heaven and Earth” where during the “Kill the Clamberjaws” objective, one of the Clamberjaws could get stuck out of the player’s reach, blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest “Heaven and Earth” where backtracking through the mission could result in progress blockers.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest “Stars in Their Eyes” where players could get stuck in invisible walls.
- Fixed an issue for the main quest “For his amusement” where creating and loading a quick save during the “Investigate Armory” objective would cause the storage device to not interact, preventing progress.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “For His Amusement” where players could reach the volcano before the door opened, which would hinder progress.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest His Final Work where players could get stuck outside the combat zone while fighting Horus by breaking through tentacles.
- Fixed a Side Quest “In His Wake” issue where restarting from a save after looting Pirik and then fast-traveling would cause the dungeon door to be unable to open, blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue where the Side Quest “The Splinter Inside” could get stuck in the wreckage.
- Fixed multiple issues for Side Quest “A Friend in the Dark” where the chest could get stuck while using the elevator.
- Fixed a Side Quest “A Friend in the Dark” issue where players could get stuck behind or under an elevator, which would hinder progress.
- Fixed an issue with Side Quest “A Friend in the Dark” where part of a puzzle could be skipped by jumping on walls.
- Fixed a Side Quest “A Friend in the Dark” issue where under certain conditions Gildun would become idle and not move the elevator, which would hinder progress.
- Fixed an issue for Side Quest “A Friend in the Dark” where restarting from a save immediately after killing the Burrower Swarm would reset the “Kill the Machines” objective, reversing progress.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “A Friend in the Dark” where the hackable trolley cart could be released early, which could prevent the chest from sliding down if players fell onto the platform.
- Fixed an issue with “Aircapture: North” where players who already had a disabled save file were still unable to navigate to the beginning of the flight path after checking the improvised transmitter, making the activity incomplete.
- Fixed an issue in “Aerial Capture: East” where players who failed a flight path under certain circumstances would not be able to start again, hindering progress.
- Fixed an issue with several Air Captures where Aloy’s callouts could interrupt recording dialogue.
- Fixed an issue with the Cauldron “THETA” where falling into the cauldron from the left side of the slot would not trigger the activity, which would hinder progress.
- Fixed an issue with the “Murmuring Hollow” Relic where restarting from a save while holding a Chi Cell would potentially impede progress.
- Fixed an issue where the “Murmuring Hollow” Relic would be thrown off a cliff, blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue where the Stormbird could become idle in the stormcloud when players approached it at a certain time. This left players unable to start “Aerial Capture: West” and unable to collect Trinket Delver’s Trinket “Mighty Pint”, thus preventing Errand Quest “The Delvers’ Trove”.
- Fixed an issue with the “Delvers’ Trinket” collectibles where players could skip part of the puzzle while collecting the “Cherished Flask”.
- Fixed an issue with the “Pangea Figurines” collectibles where players could not collect the “Green Raptor” if they left the parking garage after opening the trunk where the collection was located.
- Fixed an issue for the “Pangea Figurines” collectibles where players were unable to enter the correct code for this set in the Dino Digits quiz, due to a multilingual translation error in the “Green Raptor” description.
- Fixed an issue in the “Pangea Figurines” collectibles where cipher information in several languages was missing from the “Dimorphodon” description, making the Dino Digits quiz incomplete.
- Fixed an issue with the “Londra Code Notes” data point where players would not be given the data point in their notebook if they entered the code correctly.
- Fixed multiple issues for “Pangea Figurines” collectibles where descriptions would not appear in multiple languages for “Dimorphodon”, “Queen Rex”, and “Reggie the Pterodactyl”. Players will lose the information needed to complete the Dino Digits Quiz.
- Fixed an issue where unmarked devices would not show device locations after players reached ghost level 101.
- Fixed an issue with the Specter Gauntlet where the option to craft the upgrade obtained during the Side Quest “In His Wake” would still be displayed on some workbenches after crafting.
- Fixed an issue in Specter Gauntlet where ammo crafting would use all available resources from both inventory and stash.
- Fixed an issue where the Workbench Expert skill would not reduce the cost of crafting ammo for the Specter Gauntlet.
- Fixed an issue in the crafting station where even though all devices were unlocked, the question mark would still be present for the last entry, which could cause confusion.
performance and stability
- Multiple crash/hang fixes.
- Fixes and improvements in low frame rate.
- Improving technical assets.
- Fixed an issue with Photo Mode where using it within Horus could cause camera clipping and graphical flickering.
- Fixed an issue in Brimshine where players would not have enough to purchase and upgrade everything. Added a Primeshine Fragment near the entrance to the Theta Cauldron.
- Note that Jobs will not refer to this location until Aloy (re)visits this area!
- Fixed several issues where players could get stuck in assets and/or geometry or exit the world.
- Fixed an issue where jetty locations would become available within range of Zenith Towers while they were still active. Rapid travel to these locations may result in players being instantly targeted and killed by defense drones.
- Fixed several issues with on-screen text and wrong translations.
- Audio fixes and improvements.
- Visual fixes and improvements.
#Horizon #Forbidden #West #Burning #Shores #Update #PS5 #patch #notes